Are you on the hunt for a delectable banana bread recipe that’s both mouthwatering and health-conscious? Look no further! Our no-butter banana bread recipe will satisfy your sweet tooth while keeping your health goals in check. This delightful treat not only tastes amazing but also provides a nutritious twist on a classic favorite.
The Secret to a Healthier Banana Bread
Banana bread is a beloved classic, but it often includes a hefty amount of butter. Our recipe swaps out the butter and uses alternative ingredients to create a moist, flavorful banana bread that you won’t believe is butter-free.
- Flour: We use 115g (1 cup) of all-purpose flour and 50g (1/2 cup) of almond flour for a delightful texture.
- Cocoa Powder: 35g (1/3 cup) of cocoa powder adds a rich, chocolatey flavor to your banana bread.
- Baking Powder: 2 tsp of baking powder ensures that your banana bread rises perfectly.
- A Pinch of Salt: Just a pinch to enhance the flavors.
- Date Syrup: 100g (1/2 cup) of date syrup for a natural and healthier sweetener.
- Milk: 100g of milk to keep the bread moist and tender.
- Ripe Bananas: One well-ripened banana, mashed to perfection.
- Oil: 70g (1/2 cup) of oil provides moisture without the need for butter.
- Eggs: 2 large eggs at room temperature (about 100g each) for binding and structure.
Baking Your No-Butter Banana Bread
- Preheat Your Oven: Start by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C) unless you have specific temperature instructions for testing.
- Mix Dry Ingredients: In a mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, almond flour (for testing), cocoa powder, baking powder, and a pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Prepare Wet Ingredients: In a separate bowl, combine the date syrup, milk (following temperature instructions if provided), mashed banana, and oil. Beat in the eggs until well incorporated.
- Combine Wet and Dry: Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. Avoid overmixing.
- Baking Time: Transfer the batter to a greased or lined loaf pan. Bake for about 35 minutes, or according to your specific temperature and time instructions.
- Cool and Enjoy: Let your banana bread cool for a few minutes in the pan before transferring it to a wire rack for complete cooling. Slice and savor!
Banana Bread (No Butter)
- 115g all-purpose flour (1 cup) – I use 1:1 gluten free flour
- 50g almond flour (1/2 cup, for testing)
- 35g cocoa powder (1/3 cup)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 100g date syrup (1/2 cup)
- 100g milk – I use Almond milk
- 2 ripe banana, mashed
- 70g oil (1/2 cup)
- 2 large eggs (at room temperature, about 100g each)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). If you are conducting different tests with various temperatures, make sure to set it accordingly for each test.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, almond flour (for testing), cocoa powder, baking powder, and a pinch of salt. Mix these dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the date syrup and milk. If there are temperature settings (T=100), follow those instructions for the mixture temperature.
- Mash a ripe banana and add it to the wet ingredients, followed by the oil.
- Beat the eggs and add them to the wet mixture as well.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overmix; a few lumps are okay.
- Grease a loaf pan or line it with parchment paper. Pour the banana bread batter into the pan.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven. If there are specific temperature and time instructions for testing, follow those. Otherwise, bake at 350°F (175°C) for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once the banana bread is done, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes in the pan.
- Transfer the banana bread to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and serving.
Wrapping It Up
This banana bread recipe proves that you can enjoy a scrumptious treat without sacrificing your health goals. With the right combination of ingredients, you can have a moist, delicious banana bread that’s perfect for breakfast, snacks, or dessert. Try this recipe and relish the taste of a healthier banana bread that’s sure to become a family favorite!