- 1 cup zucchini (well-drained) – 130 g
- 90g coconut oil (2/3 cup) You can also use avocado oil if you don’t like coconut
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 125g almond flour (1 1/4 cups)
- 30g unsweetened cocoa (1/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 70g coconut sugar
- 80g crushed walnuts or pecans
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C).
- In a large bowl, sift together almond flour, unsweetened cocoa, and baking powder. Add salt and coconut sugar to this dry mixture.
- Mix well.
- Wash the zucchini, grate it, and thoroughly squeeze it with a clean cloth. You need to remove as much water as possible from the zucchini. Ideally, you can use cheesecloth or muslin fabric.
- In another bowl, combine the well-drained zucchini, coconut oil (or avocado oil if preferred) and almond milk, until you have a homogeneous mixture.
- Incorporate the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until you have a well-blended batter.
- Add the crushed walnuts and chocolate chips to the batter and mix to distribute them evenly.
- Pour the batter into a greased baking dish of your choice.
- Add the peanut butter
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until the cake is cooked, and a toothpick inserted into it comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool before cutting the cake into 9 portions.
Enjoy your cake!